Vitaance is the brand new insurtech startup which aims to revolutionize the life insurance market, with the mission to improve people's quality of life through financial, emotional and physical wellbeing.
We believe in honesty, trust, and innovation, and that is just what we want our team and products to breathe. Our goal is to help people get their protection needs in a fair, easy and transparent way by putting together outstanding tech, behavioral science, data and a breathtaking design so that our customers fall in love with their insurance company.
We have raised nearly €3M in our first funding round from top international and national Venture Capital Funds. We are supported by a wide range of worldwide investors such as Antai Venture Builder, Kindred, Softbank, K Fund, Astorya,…and this is only the beginning !
- Client First, we put our clients' well-being before any other consideration
- Transparent and Fair in every aspect of our work and our lives. Ethics is more important than winning
- Ambitious and empowered, we love to challenge and disrupt established norms. We expect our people to take ownership of their work. Failing is permitted.
- Positive impact on our people and society, we are empathetic, humble, and full of enthusiasm. Kindness matters!
We are looking for talented and passionate people. If you feel that this is a good moment for you to give a new direction to your career and that you feel identified to the following sentences, you are maybe our future Vitaancer:
- Being yourself is always better than a loosy copy of someone else
- Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. (thanks Steve Jobs)
- Fail only means First Attempt in Learning
About the position
Vitaance is looking for a Backend Engineer to join our Tech Team and to help us to develop and maintain our backend stack. This is a key position to actively contribute to the creation of an innovative full stack application.
As Back End Engineer, you will have to:
- Work closely with the Tech and Product Team
- Design (architecture) + Implement (coding) the best solutions for each given problem
- Take ownership for the stability and scalability of the platform components
- Be responsible for the deployments of the code in production and transit the process to “continuous everything”
We are looking for someone with:
- Passion and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Proactivity and decision orientation
- Good analytical capacity
- Customer-centric mindset and lean approach will be highly valued
- Focus on delivery, building products from concept to market
- A problem-solving attitude and a critical thinking to always find ways to improve
- A strong ability to work in autonomy
- A great Team Spirit
You could join this amazing adventure if you have:
- Proven experience in Agile teamwork under Scrum, Kanban or Scrumban
- Proven experience with GitHub: Fork & Pull request collaboration models
- Proven experience with NestJS and comfortable with popular library like typeorm
- Experience with REST APIs development using a design and documentation framework such as Swagger/OpenAPI
- Writing clean and testable code, unit tests.
In addition, it would be a real plus if you have:
- Have worked on AWS cloud solutions
- Strong proficiency with ES6/Typescript
- Relational database design with Mysql 5.7/8 or Postgres
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines built around platforms such as GH Actions, Jenkins
- Experience designing and implementing software using SOLID principles, clean code, DDD architectures is desirable
What we offer
In Vitaance, our people matter and work-life balance is essential to us !
That's the reason why we offer a safe and healthy workspace based on trust and flexibility.
- Our centers of work are our Barcelona and Madrid offices, they are accessible to all
- We are flexible and allow employees to work semi-remotely from anywhere in Spain
- We offer interesting professional growth
- The company supports its employees' learning, financially and/or with time off
- Competitive compensation package: fix + Employee stock options (PSOP)
- A shiny MacBook Pro
- Paid flexible benefits (meals, transportation, nurseries, health insurance, etc.)
- Flexible vacation policy
- And of course, the company will provide our great life insurance
- Start Date: as soon as possible
We’re an active equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and people from diverse backgrounds to apply. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability status. And we mean it! Vitaance was not only co-founded by its female CEO, but also truly aspires to have women and people from diverse backgrounds in leadership positions.